Everytime I have had a procedure in your surgical center it has truly been a wonderful experience. The staff is absolutely superb. They are an asset to your center.
- Closely follow your physician’s instructions. If you have any questions about the details of your procedure, call your admitting physician for this information.
- If you experience any health changes between your recent visit to your physician and the day of your procedure, notify your physician. Please report even minor changes such as an elevated temperature, cough or cold.
- Guidelines for Eating and Drinking will be given to you by the Pre-Admission Nurse prior to your procedure. Undigested food and liquids in the stomach can cause complications, and your procedure will be cancelled or delayed if you forget to follow these instructions.
- If you take daily medication, the pre-admission nurse or physician will discuss the medications you should or should not take prior to your procedure.
- Smokers should not smoke for 24-28 hours prior to their procedure.
There are pre-operative cubicles where the patients are prepared and wait prior to their procedure. Visitors are allowed to wait in this area with the patient.