The Mission of Central Louisiana Surgical Hospital is to provide high quality, cost effective and operationally efficient surgical services with an environment that promotes improved comfort, safety, and satisfaction to the patients and physicians we serve.
The care a patient receives depends partially on the patient himself. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a patient has certain responsibilities as well. These responsibilities should be presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
- The patient has the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to his/her health.
- The patient is responsible for reporting perceived risks in his or her care and unexpected
changes in his/her condition to the responsible practitioner.
- The patient and family are responsible for asking questions when they do not understand what they have been told about the patient’s care or what they are expected to do.
- The patient is responsible for following the plan of care established by his/her physician,
including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals as they carry out the physician’s orders.
- The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and for notifying the hospital or physician when he/she is unable to do so.
- The patient is responsible for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician’s orders.
- The patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his/her hospital care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- The patient is responsible for following hospital policies and procedures.
- The patient is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel.
- The patient is responsible for being respectful of his/her personal property and that of other persons in the hospital.